Faringdon Town Council has collated information from the Government, NHS, LOcal authorities who have activated a response plan to the Coronavirus crisis outbreak.

In this page you will find useful links that will redirect you to websites offering information and support to the community, businesses and vulnerable people.

Contact Faringdon Town Council

The Town Council has an Emergency plan in place to manage Faringdon community’s response to the pandemic crisis and liaise between the statutory emergency response agencies, Faringdon Viral Kindness group and the community.

If you need urgently to speak to someone you can call the following:

Town Clerk
07711 424484

Deputy Town Clerk
07809 458935

Venues Caretaker
07759 169326

Citizens Advice
Face to face sessions have been cancelled.

If you need help Please call: 0300 330 9042

Food Bank

We know it’s a challenging time for everyone at the moment due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Food banks is aimed at supporting people who cannot afford the essentials in life.

If you cannot afford food, please call:
07548 535855 –this number is only accessed during operating hours

The Food Bank is held in Faringdon Town Council offices , in the Pump House.

The Food Bank operates on Monday and Wednesday from 10am to 12pm.

Referrals are made through social services, Faringdon Medical Centre, NHS,Citizen Advice, Wantage Independent Service, but we accept self referrals to assist you while you are in need of financial support.

Where to find us

Citizen Advice Service

Citizens Advice Oxfordshire South and Vale:  

We are still here to help.

We are no longer able to offer face to face appointments from our Advice Centres.

But you will be able to talk to our advisers on the telephone.

Advice Line:  0300 330 9042

Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm

For general advice please visit our website

Coronavirus: Get help if you can’t pay household bills

The arrival of coronavirus in the UK and the threat of infection has emptied streets, confined us in our houses, closed shops and offices and filled hospitals with thousands of patients. So far so bad, but the financial issues have widened the scale of the problem: many of those fortunate enough to remain healthy have suffered a loss of income so drastic that even the paying of essential household bills has become questionable.

However, there are definite steps you can take to tackle these bills. Many banks and utility companies, being keenly aware of people’s predicaments, have already reached out to their customers with offers of help. So don’t ignore your bills but get in touch with the companies to whom you owe money, or expect to owe money. They might be able to help by redistributing your debts, letting you pay in smaller amounts, over a longer time period, or on a deferred basis.

If you are repaying a mortgage, contact your provider. The government has mooted the idea of a three-month mortgage payment holiday and you might be eligible for it.

If you pay rent, contact your landlord to discuss the situation. If you are at risk of being evicted, remember that since 26 March 2020 the law on evictions has temporarily changed and, for many types of tenancy, eviction notices have to last a minimum of three months.

You might be able to claim benefits, or enhanced benefits if you already receive them. The Citizens Advice website has details:

As for Council Tax, if your income has dropped or you are on benefits, you might qualify for reductions. Contact your local district council, using the details on your latest bill.

Get in touch with your gas or electricity supplier, as well as telephone/broadband company. Their help line phone numbers should be on your latest bill. They can tell you whether a special payment plan can be set up.

If you owe income tax, HMRC has a free help line you can ring: 0800 015 9559 (Mon-Fri 8 to 4). 

UK Government Guidance

For update information please visit OCC, NHS and the Government websites for the latest information.On this page we have gathered different links to access easily important news and information.


Vale of White Horse-Council Services

Oxfordshire County Council updates


Oxfordshire hand it back COVID-19 campaign: NRS HealthCare is asking people to return health care equipment they no longer need.

Please click on the attachments below to see the posters:


If you or someone you know has been identified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS and have nobody around to help with day to day tasks like shopping please call 01865 897820 or email

Click on the links below to know more about this:


Help From the Community

OCC is working alongside local community and voluntary sectors to maximise the impact of community resilience response to Covid-19. Oxfordshire County Council is the Government’s designated lead to coordinate activity across the Districts and City partners.

There has been a strong community response to the current crises. Spontaneous support structures have emerged across Oxfordshire. Many are based on existing organisations and through Town and Parish Councils. New community-based networks are also developing at a very local level to support the needs of those who are self-isolating.

In Faringdon the community support group “Viral Kindness” is currently offering service for vulnerable people who need to self isolate.

Please note that people wishing to volunteer should register first at:


NCVO – advice and guidance

For practical advice to help you decide what steps you and your organisation may need to take, please visit:

National Emergencies Trust – available funds

There is a new fund that has just been launched from the National Emergencies Trust which will be distributed through Community Foundations, and in Oxfordshire’s case, Oxfordshire Community Foundation.

Oxfordshire Community Foundation – available funds

A new community resilience fund for Oxfordshire will be made available to allow the vital third sector in Oxfordshire to respond better and recover stronger. More details to follow soon as well as how you can donate.

Oxfordshire Community Foundation home

Age UK Oxfordshire, has launched a new, free of charge telephone support service offering advice and assistance to older people concerned during this time. For more information visit :

MIND – advice, information and support for your wellbeing

You might be worried about coronavirus and how it could affect your life. This may include being asked to stay at home or avoid other people.  This might feel difficult or stressful. But there are lots of things you can try that could help your wellbeing.  For advice, information and support, visit:

Oxfordshire Association for the Blind (OAB) – advice, information and support for anyone with a visual impairment

OAB are not running any face to face services and their resource centre is closed.  They will be providing telephone and email support for anyone who has a visual impairment, providing a listening ear and trying to help with any solutions at this time.

Contact details:

Tel: 01865 725595 / 07936 341444

Guidelines from the Vale of White Horse-Support for people who need help

Anyone that is in need but is not considered high risk can call 01235 422600 or email:

These support lines are open 8.30am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sundays.

Please read the information below to find out what might be available to you if you are struggling with any living costs due to the Coronavirus crisis (including paying your bills or your council tax, or other essentials like food and drink.)


Waste Collection

Public Transport-service update

Join our mailing list

To receive our newsletter, updates on council meetings, public services ,temporary road closure and community events.

sign up