Dear Playday Partners
Following much deliberation and based on the most recent advice from the Government we have taken the very difficult decision to Postpone our Play and Activity days for 2020.
This is not the decision we wanted to make as these events will be needed more than ever this year to help Communities recover from the lockdown and to help rebuild the Physical and Mental Wellbeing of Children, Young People and their Families.
However Safety, and the Wellbeing of ALL our service users is our first concern.
Our decision making process has taken into account the following factors;
- Planning – At present there is NO guarantee that large Social gatherings will be permitted this year and each Playday event takes several months to plan around booking activities, facilities management etc
- Social Distancing – Although we will be able to place the activities apart by at least 2 metres we cannot control large groups of ‘guests’ in an open public space
- Hygiene – Many of the activities will require ‘cleaning’ after each individual use which for some will be a lengthy and difficult process
- Funding – Many of the usual funding streams we use for Playday are either currently suspended or being redirected to Covid-19 purposes only
- We hope to still be in a position to promote the Playday 2020 message of Playday at home – Everyday Freedoms – Everyday Adventures. http://www.playday.org.uk/
It is our intention that the 14 Events we had planned for this year will be re-arranged for the same venues, on a similar date in 2021
Stay Safe, Stay Strong, Keep Playing