Help will be available to those who needs it this winter as the Oxfordshire community comes together to do its bit to control the virus and save lives.
That’s the message from local leaders who are urging residents and businesses to carefully follow the new lockdown guidelines from the government this week.
It’s clear that the second lockdown will be tough on residents and businesses across the county, which is why it’s so important to make sure it is effective. Oxfordshire’s council leaders, the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner and the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership have come together to say that everyone must play their part to help control the spread of the virus once again to save lives.
That means staying at home and not gathering with people you do not live with. The full guidance is on the government’s website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november.
Even under normal circumstances, winter puts a significant strain on the resources of Oxfordshire’s NHS and other health services, and the escalating cases of COVID-19 across the whole country are already adding an even bigger burden, putting more lives at risk. Staying home and following the guidelines is the only way to help save lives.
This brings additional challenges, and over the course of the first lockdown, communities across the county came together in an incredible show of support to make sure everyone in their neighbourhoods got the help and support they needed.
The six Oxfordshire authorities will once again be working together and closely with their local communities to ensure anybody in need of help getting their basic supplies is connected with people who are able to help them.
Information on the support available for residents can be found on the councils’ websites:
- Cherwell residents: www.cherwell.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Oxford city residents: https://www.oxford.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Oxfordshire County Council: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus
- South Oxfordshire residents: www.southoxon.gov.uk/covid19
- Vale of White Horse residents: www.whitehorsedc.gov.uk/covid19
- West Oxfordshire residents: www.westoxon.gov.uk/communities-and-leisure/coronavirus-community-support/
In addition to the support provided to businesses by the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership www.oxfordshirelep.com/coronavirus, the councils also provide a vital support service to give advice and guidance to businesses worried about the impact the second lockdown will have.
- Cherwell businesses: www.cherwell.gov.uk/business
- Oxford city businesses: https://www.oxford.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Oxfordshire County Council support for businesses: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/covidbusinesssupport
- South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse businesses: www.svbs.co.uk
- West Oxfordshire businesses: https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/business-and-licensing/coronavirus-business-and-licensing/ or email email@example.com